Monday, October 15, 2007

Woolly Thoughts Penrose Afghan Pattern



















I this started this afghan awhile ago, but somehow stalled.
  • Pattern: Penrose by Wooly Thoughts
  • Type: Modular Knit afghan, pattern is completely comprised of 3 basic shapes: Square, left leaning parallelogram, and right leaning parallelogram.
  • Yarn: Caron Simply Soft. I chose this yarn for a few reasons: washability, affordability, and no dye lots.

Progress? Startedout making one slice of the basic pattarn......then stalled.

I now think of this "SLICE" as a swatch. I'm just not happy with how some of the shapes are sewn together. I am still learning how to properly pick up stitches along edges that do not match numerically. Also need to slip the first stitch every row to neaten up the selvages somehow, ecspecially on biasly knit units.

Planning on pinning what is done to the wall as a reminder of what I like about pattern and what will make it better. since they are small sized units I can knits these easily during a lecture in school without to much bulk as with other projects. It's just remembering the shaping on the bias.




Here is a picture rom Woolly Thoughts web site of a Penrose afghan.




1 comment:

pat said...

Persevere! It will be well worth it.

Pat
www.woollythoughts.com