Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Update on the Penrose afghan

No pictures. not coordinated enough to get the knitting done and the pictures. lol. sorry.
When I last posted I stated how I was simply not happy with how my 1st segment came out. Plan to make some adjustments as I progress.

  • first change so far is a reworking of the colors for the shapes. I swapped the pinkish red into the squares hat had been hot pink.
  • Even though the squares are knit on the bias I am slipping the 1st stitch of every row as if to purl. Hoping this will be an asset when I knit on the parallelograms.
  • Right now I am forcing myself to just stick knitting at least the 1st 8 squares I need for one segment. For the round basic size I need I believe 64 squares total. By doing this I hope to then soley focus on how to knit on the next pieces. I really hate how the seams looked on the sewn together areas. This will be an ultimate knitting challenge.

Oh! BTW, I am using Caron Simply Soft, 2 strands together on size 10.5 needles

No comments: