Saturday, February 03, 2007

Reynolds Lite-Lopi Vol. 19 Design # 9




What better way to start my shameful project of documenting my stash as a means of hopefully making me knit from it. Here we have a Reynolds Lite-Lopi pattern book. I just had to have it! yeah, right, ok. Did I mention I live in the south? I need a lopi pullover maybe once a year around here. Of course I special ordered the yarn, cause it's not like there is much demand for the yarn around here. hehe, the store owner was kind enough to order it, nevermind that meant ordering a bag of each color (10 balls per bag) for a pattern that required single skeins.

See I feel in lust with this pattern, and didn't bother with the particulars such as:

  • even though pattern book says Lite-Lopi. The sweater is not lite-lopi!
  • the sweater is a pullover, I've been trying to figure out just where I might be able to divide the pattern repeat to create a cardigan. lol!
  • This sweater is knit using a combination of Lopi and Lite-Lopi.
  • Lopi is single strand.
  • Lite-lopi is double stranded.
  • It gets worse. The Lite-lopi is using color blending to create the gradual change in color. So in one row you can be using 2 strands of the same color, and then 1 strand each of two colors together to create the next shade.
  • Hmmmm, wonder how this project died before it even hit the needles?

Feel free to comment.

PS Just in case you were wondering:

Lopi

  1. 6 balls loden green (OMG! I just looked at the picture! I'm missing a ball!)
  2. 1 ball golden green
  3. 1 ball putty
  4. 1 ball antique gold
  5. 1 ball copper
  6. 1 ball rust

Lite-Lopi

  1. 1 ball mustard
  2. 1 ball sage heather
  3. 1 ball celery heather
  4. 1 ball gold heather
  5. 1 ball acorn
  6. 1 ball rust heather
  7. 1 ball crimson
  8. 1 ball teaberry heather
  9. 1 ball burnt red
  10. 1 ball brick heather
  11. 1 ball chocolate


1 comment:

CTRedSoxFan said...

OMG-I so want to make this sweater and I live in New England. I have the pattern but never realized it used both lopi's hmmm
I'm still intrigued enough to try it though