Friday, February 02, 2007

My quest for Golf Club Cosy Pattern

I have an online friend who happens to golf. It is one of her passions.
Being that 2007 is the year of the stash, I thought I might be able to whip up a set for her currently naked clubs. All without any money spent.

I have yarn.
Cosys are small indiviual projects, each it's own entity. Perfect for my current life.
There are free patterns on the web..........
uhhhhhh....

have golf club cozys always been so gawd aweful looking? Have I not looked in the right dusty corners of the internet?

Is there a rule among golfers that a strict dress code is in place regarding golf club fashion?

I now unveil the fashion victoms........
Click on picture to be linked to pattern.


this is what lion brand offers. 3 versions.

arygle, cable, and striped


Here we have a very workable fair isle set from Knitty.com. I'm one of the few who get excited at the thought of all the color combinations I can do.



I just don't know the protocal on numbers. Is it a requirement to make sure a number is labeled on the cosy, so that you can identify the one you want without pulling off all the cozys? hmmm




It might be hard to make a number stand out when combined with a pattern of color.




here we have the tube sock version. I know........I can pick any color I want. I need to look beyond the blank canvas and see what could be........





what do you think?







I think it's best left the less said the better.....not inspired.


Here are three that I was unable to separate the pictures from. they are in PDF format.


http://sarahpeasley.com/freepatterns/spiralribputtercover.pdf


http://sarahpeasley.com/freepatterns/spiralribgolfclubcovers.pdf


http://sarahpeasley.com/freepatterns/rectangularputtercovers.pdf


Look beyond the mustard and green plaid. ohhhh

while looking for patterns, I came across this online store selling what looks like beany babys for your clubshttp://www.shop-safely.com/shops.asp?shop=gtaonline&category=headcovers

No comments: