Friday, February 09, 2007

I was Naughty, but let's hear a cheer for cashiers who don't care!

As former retail management, the cashier I came across would be worst nightmare.

Started my having a wonderful lunchout with my mom. Started driving home, traffic and not being familiar with where I was driving combined to my taking THE LONG WAY HOME. lol.

Not sure why, but I thought a shopping center looked familiar and pulled in. There was a Goodwill store. I picked up a samonite truck case, a small zippered suitcase both for storing and transporting my craft tools depending on the need. Sewing and tailing type for clothing versus laying tools and awls, wax tablet for embroidery. Small size weaving (using cardboard from back of legal pad for loom), tatting, etc.

Currently I have a shoe box system. Each box has a label with catagory of contects. I do try me best to make the most of my tools to be able to cross over between interests. Just because I bought a metal awl as a laying tool for needlepoint, doesn't mean that it doesn't get a work out when I create small booklets and sew the binding, and as I'm still a complete bobbin lace newbie (more of a wannabe than even a newbie) the same tool is my pricking tool. Hmmmm. you know I was looking for that particular tool this week and it was AWAL. I bet it's in a little box where I was trying to collect the basics for bobbin lace making. (of course that box is in storage and not here yet) *sigh*

Back to my goodwill shop-a-thon, the book section. I looked through the dusty shelves, for every craft related book. Looked through reference books, for history, the arts. I was a fiend!
I knew I had completely lost my mind and had a full cart. Enter the cashier who really doesn't give a crap. ahhhh! reminded myself I don't work there. I'm not her boss. She is not my problem. Thank you. I had been scared that oh no, don't have any cash. will the card go through? $19 dollars later to my relief I left. not sure what method of math the cashier used. but it did work out for me.

No comments: