Saturday, February 17, 2007

The demise of a Diva

Upon hearing the news of Anna Nicole Smith's demise my laptop decided it was just to much to handle. She tried to take her own life, with her hard drive she took with her my current semester's worth of planning, research and papers. She is currently in the hands of professionals on life support.

Yesterday it was confirmed........the hard drive was unrepairable and needs a transplant. An order has been placed. Since they needed to order the part, and would have their hands inside her, I figured it was also the time to increase her RAM. That also needed to be special ordered. When she is finally ready to come home she will have double her old RAM, and a new hard drive.

I have brought in her more dependable older sister in the meanwhile. This desktop made by Gateway has been very dependable and never a problem what so ever in the 6 years we have shared.

To prevent complete lose of files in the future, and to not clog up either machines memory space with my newest must have...........iTunes season pass to TV shows. I have no TV, and to keep up with online buddies I have started getting the show via iTunes. I have coming home with the laptop late next week........a shared network drive that also backs itself up! When everything comes home, I will show pictures and specs of this handy network drive.

No comments: