Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Have actually been knitting & spinning.......

Still need to find just where the camera is hiding. Have managed not to do any stash enhancement. Only using what I have on hand, I have made one hat over Thanksgiving weekend: Ann Norling Big Hat.
Have also knit almost 1 sock using the Simple sock pattern from the Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordi. Since I don't currently know where my measurements for a custom sock are, and simply need to just KNIT to knit and finish something.....think it was a good choice. I am up to grafting the toe on the 1st sock. only took 5 days, not bad time considering I'm out of practice.
Have also been getting some spinning time in on the Minstrel. Having been frustrated by my own need for perfection instead of accepting that there is a learning/skill curve......I battled the wheel till recently. Realizing I would never get better if I couldn't get through simply spinning and letting come through what comes.
Yes, I am on the verge finally of having my 1st skein of wheel spun lumpy-bumpy 2-ply yarn! Just have to finish the second spool and ply together. Of course I lost label of just what I am spinning. (It's a beautiful soft natural brown, from Louet) *sigh* It's been a crazy year.

No comments: