Thursday, March 22, 2007

Surfing the blogosphere, venting on life's up and downs & my despise of my computer

Today after reading the latest newsletter from Knitters Review in my email, I proceeded to start a grade tour of hyperlinked blogs.

While this activity is not always recommended, as one can lose vast amounts of time they can not account for. Decided why not. Haven't allowed myself this luxury in a very long time and did lose all my bookmarks of favorite blogs in February. *Sigh*

It was great to see the modular knit blankets made entirely from those tiny balls always left over after knitting a sock. I dream of making one now. who knows, maybe it could happen. just one square at a time. Hard to really lose track of where you are when you re-pickup the project.

I'm realizing I've been lacking in my daily fiber tactile pleasure this semester. Was doing good in January, started feeling the pinch and pressure of school work going into February. Then the weekend of my birthday the drama began.

Is it too much to wish for a semester of college to go smoothly? I know school is about learning, and learning is and should be a challenge. What I'm talking about the personal side of life messing with school. Each semester has been marked with it's own unique crapstacular event.

  • Semester 1: Got fired from a job.
  • Semester 2: Had to move QUICKLY after family member lost mind, made threats against my life and proved they were fully intending to follow through with it. Police called. etc.
  • Semester 2 into 3: In temp housing, moving from one relatives extra bed to another while trying to figure out what I was gonna do in regards to housing, funds, and school.
  • Semester 3: Moved into my apartment. not really drama, just the whole moving and unpacking your stuff as it comes helter skelter to me. As I couldn't simply get my stuff from it location cause of death threat ass, I had to depend on others bringing boxes of stuff. Any stuff. in no logical order. Books? sure. Bookcases? nope. you get the idea.
  • Semester 4: Once the computer decided to end it all Feb 12th, my 35th bday.........I have been frantically trying to keep things together. As I admittedly do have ADD, paper can be a source of problems. Electronic organizers were created and highly recommended for the ADD population of society. Otherwise we are really unable to fully function within society. I know someone out there is now saying that I'm full of it. etc. OK. For me, it is better to have the least amount of loose paper around. Post its are the creation of the Devil. I must put things immediately into binders, or it will get crumpled, lost or worst.....put in a pile. Yes a pile. SOOOO. Basically all appointments, contacts, reminders, assignment due dates. Research papers, citations, everything was lost.

Enough said. That tired me out. Now I need a nap from just thinking about everything! lol!

I'll update you later on some good news in my life. Promise

No comments: